Pat Harrison Waterway District Video and Photo Contest
Video and Photo contest
If you’ve been to any Pat Harrison Camp Trail park, then we’re sure you’ve created some memories and recorded it through moving pictures or still photography. We want to see them! We are conducting several contests to make this happen.
Oldest Video – That’s right! Bring out those 8mm and 16mm film reels, post them on the internet and send us a link. We’ll be sharing this video with the world.
Funniest Video – Over the years we’ve seen some hilarious videos from our patrons. We now want to reward the funniest one.
Oldest Photo – 50 years is a long time and we’re sure that someone out there has a photo from at least 45 years ago at one of our parks. We want to see it!
Best Photo Memory – This is an essay contest. Send us your photo with a story of 500 words or less telling us about your memory. We’ll post the best stories online.
What’s a contest without prizes? We’ll be giving away the following prize packages for each contest.
- 1st Prize – 2 night cabin stay (see exclusions) for up to 6 people, and one year family trail pass for day use in all parks, merchandise package to include 6 – t-shirts, 6 drink koozies, 6 PHCT caps
- 2nd Prize – One year family trail pass for day use in all parks, and Merchandise package (see above)
- 3rd Prize – Merchandise package (See above)
- Honorable mention – PHCT t-shirt
Rules of Submission
- Submission will be 100% digital.
- No video tapes, film, DVDs or any other method will be accepted.
- Any videos not submitted digitally will be held at the PHWD Office for pickup, or returned at the submitter’s expense. Materials not claimed within 90 days will be destroyed.
- Winners will be notified by October 2nd, 2012. This is so that we have time to get them on the air to promote A Day in the Park. We will also make the official announcement that day and give out the prizes.
- Submitters may be asked to appear on local TV stations to promote contest and talk about their entry.
- Only one submission allowed per household
- All videos become the property of Pat Harrison Waterway District. All persons appearing in the video agree to give PHWD unlimited usage of the submitted video or photo for the purposes of promoting the district, its recreational facilities, and any other use it may deem necessary.
- Videos are to be no longer than 10 minutes.
- PHWD employees are not allowed to submit entries
Methods of Submission
Video – Only digital links and downloads will be accepted. Send all download and link information to email@example.com. These links can be from any source including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo and other popular online video channels. If you have old film footage that you need converted, here are a few places that we suggest getting this done. All film conversions are done at your own risk. Pat Harrison Waterway District does no accept responsibility for any damaged film, video tape or other image capturing medium.
There are several conversion companies found online including www.imemories.com that can convert videos from almost any type of source including older 8mm footage.
These videos and photos will be viewed by the PHCT media team and/or the marketing committee. A winner will be chosen based on the following criteria:
- Relevance to contest
- Description of events taking place
- Consideration will be given to the quality of the video and photos based on age. We are not expecting pristine quality.
Photo – Files under 8MB can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files larger than 8MB should be submitted via a download link as previously mentioned for video submission. A PDF with the essay is an acceptable version as well.
All submissions need to include the following:
- Year of video or photo
- Names of persons in video/photo, or as many as they know
- Park attended
- Description in 500 words or less
- Name, email, and phone number
- Flint Creek Reservoir, Wiggins, MS
- Little Black Creek Reservoir, Lumberton, MS
- Big Creek 10 Reservoir, Laurel, MS
- Dry Creek Reservoir, Mt. Olive, MS
- Maynor Creek Reservoir, Waynesboro, MS
- Archusa Reservoir, Quitman, MS
- Okatibbee Reservoir, Meridian, MS
- Turkey Creek Reservoir, Decatur, MS
- Dunn’s Falls, Enterprise, MS.